Monday 2 January 2012

Portrait or Landscape?

My initial research into magazine adverts showed their are two different ways of designing magazines adverts, either portrait or landscape. I have therefore selected the two paramore magazine adverts; one being portrait and one landscape. While the portrait one is more commonly seen I believe the landscape one is more interesting and attracts my attention more. I have therefore decided to look further into landscape magazine adverts.


Here is another landscape magazine advert, for Britney Spears. Like the above one, this would presumably cover either half an A4 page or a double page spread. The name of the album on this one, however, is the largest font, with the artists name being slightly smaller. This contrasts to the previous research I have found which all shows the artists name as the most obvious information.


Below shows one of Rihanna's magazine adverts for her latest album 'talk this talk'. This is also a landscape product and has Rihanna's image covering one half of the page with the information on the other. I think this is an effective way of designing a magazine advert as the image can be equally as large as the rest of the information and so will be seen immediately by magazine readers, telling them what is being promoted.


I, along with the rest of my group, therefore believe a landscape design will be the best idea for our own magazine advert.

No comments:

Post a Comment